I have been part of different latino women groups and I especially like to be part of those that empower latino women to grow their business. It is been about a year or more since I learned about the “Adelante Movement” launched by well known TV producer, Nelly Galan.
There are many reasons why latina’s are so strong and stubborns sometimes. But all we want I think is to grow personally and professionaly. Many of us come to this country with many dreams, some think it will never be possible (trying to convince them is though but not impossible)
All we should know is that it can really happen. Ten years ago, I was no-one (meaning I didn’t know anyone to help me grow my business) when I launched my jewelry business “Evelyn Brooks Designs” but little by little you meet people that believe in you and believe in your work and that also help you grow.
There will be president of organizations, CEO’s of corporations, business owners, editors looking at how you work, how you introduce yourself, how easy you are to work with and believe me it all counts, people will remember you for who you are, the image you project and of course your work ethics.
People will remember that sometimes without even been paid you did more that someone earning a salary. Although remember is a matter of time until those who saw you working hard will greet you with great respect and offer you great opportunities.
I admire the strength and energy of Nelly Galan, to launch the Adelante Movement, I bet she is gone through a lot to be where she is right now. (like many of us with our own stories)
The Adelante Dream
- That we work because we want to and not because we have to.
- That we are heard by politicians.
- That we become experts on The View and Nightline—in the mainstream, as well in as in Spanish media.
- That we promote each other and watch each other’s backs.
- That we buy from one another to create wealth.
- That we each teach our children about the heroes in our community every single day.
- That we vote! That we encourage and influence everyone in our families and communities to vote, so that we can move mountains as a group.
- That we invest in all things Latino, whether it’s a startup business or a church.
- That we no longer be afraid to speak up collectively for those who cannot speak for themselves, especially our children.
- That we “get our own chips,” which means starting our own companies and owning our own media.
Join the ADELANTE MOVEMENT, they have very useful webinars that you can watch
Register for the last summer class coming UP.
“How To Become a Rich Latina – Wealth Building” – Webinar
Day: Wednesday, September 2nd
Time: 10am pst / 1pm est
Lastly there is an opportunity to latino business women to be part of a reality TV show;)
Hope all these tips help you on growing as a entrepreneur/mompreneur.